Rocky Road

A story of a rocky road through life including marriage and trying to have a baby we so desperately want.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Meeting Mr. Right

Since all that loss I had a failed marriage due to abuse, which was actually my 3rd go round with abuse. I sure know how to pick them. Raped at 18 by an acquaintance. Abused by a boyfriend at 19 and then abused by my husband at 23. Finally in November 2003 I meet the man of my dreams. I was working 3 jobs to keep my time occupied so as to not have any time to think about my troubled life and loneliness. One of my jobs was being a cashier at a grocery in the evening and this man was a nighttime stockboy. He would come in to work shortly before I would finish my shift and would always flash a smile my way. Then he started coming through my line when buying his snacks and cigarettes. One night he asked me about my current relationship and I fell off the sidewalk making a complete fool of myself. After that he asked me out several times and I rejected the poor guy every time, except the last time of course. It was my birthday and it was supposed to be my last night working at the store. My little sister T who worked there too noticed he was interested and mentioned to him that it was my last night at the store. My co-workers had cake to celebrate my birthday and invited the stockboys to have cake too. He came over to me and wished me a happy birthday and asked to take me out for a drink because the boss was letting him out of work early that night. I finally said yes and we really enjoyed ourselves. From that point on we were inseparable. We married last August, just short of 2 years being together. We are so in love with each other and the only thing that ever affects our closeness are his bad habits. When I met Kev I knew he smoked and he took me out to a bar for our first date so I knew that he at least drank occasionally, but neither of those things bothered me terribly. People quit smoking all the time and as long as the drinking wasn't excessive it would be fine. Then he confided in me that he had another substance abuse problem. I was a little put off by that, but he was such a great guy that I thought we could work through it and honestly thought he would eventually realize there was no need for that and would stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home