Rocky Road

A story of a rocky road through life including marriage and trying to have a baby we so desperately want.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Long time, No post!

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 9 months since I posted on my blog. Since then we have done 6 more unsuccessful inseminations, a combination of IVIs and IUIs all at home. June 4th I saw Dr. D a Reproductive Endocronologist and had blood drawn for testing June 12th. I am still waiting for those results. My next RE appointment is scheduled for July 25th. I am going to call next week to get my test results and ask to have an HSG done to make sure my tubes are open. Dr. D says he has no problem with home inseminations, he just warns that it is a less effective method than in the office as they do 2 vials, while I am only doing 1. He understands there is a cost issue as well as my want to keep this as far away from clinical as possible given the circumstances. We are on a break for this cycle, hoping to get some answers in the next few weeks so we can be back to trying in August.
As far as employment goes, Kev was hit hard once again. He was permanently laid off Thanksgiving Eve. Early this year he decided to start his own Drywall finishing business which was doing great for the first couple months and now he hasn't had any work for several weeks again, so finances are getting tight and they will not be loosening anytime soon as we have a trip to Michigan and Illinois planned for August for a nephew's wedding. My Avon business has been booming a bit. I started in leadership, so that is bringing a little more money in, but not near enough as I would like just yet. Hopefully that will be changing soon.

I hope to be back to post again soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said…

    Hi Jo Welcome back !

    Sorry things haven't gone your way.

    I think the HSG is a very good idea.

    Keep posting.
    Good Luck !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home