Rocky Road

A story of a rocky road through life including marriage and trying to have a baby we so desperately want.

Monday, March 20, 2006

The Good News & The Bad News

Wow, I didn't realize it was a week since I was on here. Things haven't been the greatest, but I always look at the fact that it could be worse. One of the good things that happened in the past week is that Kev and I went to the Select Comfort store and learned more about the Sleep Number beds and we ordered one. So hopefully that will get here sometime this week so we can get to sleeping better. My mom and dad have one and they just love it. Another good thing is that I had AF and now she is about gone, so we are in our last cycle before insems. It seemed like it was so far away and now I'm already on something like Cycle day 5 or 6, can you tell, I'm really charting this cycle...NOT!
Now for the bad news. Kev is laid off from work again. This is the 3rd time in 9 months and I'm getting a little sick of it. But, what can you do when you are the low man on the totem pole. Anyway, Kev has decided he would like to take a class or two to learn properly how to be a welder since that is what he has chosen to do for his career. So early May he is going to start classes, right about the time we are starting insems. We sat and had a talk, we discussed the fact that his unemployment is about 1/2 of what his paycheck normally is and we can't really survive on that, so he called an acquantaince of his, and thankfully he has some work for Kev. In fact, he is going to start this Saturday and next week will have about 50 hours of work. YIPEE!!!! Pretty much we talked and I told Kev he either had to find some work or I need to start working another job and he really doesn't like when I work more than one job, so he made the effort and I am so proud of him. We also talked about whether we should put ttc on hold for now until he gets through classes and gets back to working full-time for the company that laid him off and we decided not to wait. Everything will be fine one way or another and if we wait for everything to be perfect we will never have our family because we don't live in a perfect world. So we are still on track, I am so happy. I was afraid we were going to have to wait. His classes are only until the end of June, so I'll barely be along even if it works on the first try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home